“Why should you write down your goal? A written goal represents a real commitment. Without a commitment, a goal is only a dream. A dream is something we would like to have happen, but are unwilling to pay the price to make it happen. Any worthwhile goal has its price! That price may be confronting a personal fear or investing a certain amount of time and effort. Whatever the goal is, if it’s worthwhile, you can bet there will be a price for achieving it.” –Bruce Wares
A list of my short and long term goals. I am a graduate student trying to earn my masters and train for my first marathon. Hence my particular goals and the blog name 🙂
1. Complete my first Half-Marathon event! This is scheduled for October 7th, 2012 in Long Beach, CA.
- Where I am with the goal: Currently following a 19 week training schedule I created.
2. Participate in long distance events regularly; meaning at least one every 3-4 months (or more if time!).
- Where I am with the goal: Signed up for the Tinkerbell Half-Marathon on January 20th, 2013 in Anaheim, CA!
- Will sign up for Big Sur 9 or 10.6 miler. Havent decided! Registration opens July 15th! That means I will have an event in Oct, Jan and end of April lined up.
3. Finish my Master’s degree by the end of June 2013!
- Where I am with this goal: Finished the 2 years of required courses and now starting my thesis work (finally)!!!
4. Complete my first Marathon event! This will probably be toward the end of 2013, I might make Long Beach my first full marathon event!