Today I decided to share another of Chloe’s favorite doggie biscuit recipes! I will also link this blog post to my recipes page for future reference if you decide to make it for your dog 🙂
Recipe of the week: Peanut butter biscuits
From Tripawds.com: Indi’s grain-free peanut butter cookies
The story behind this recipe:
When my dog was diagnosed with cancer in June 2010, I did a lot of research on factors that can lead to cancer. One biggie is diet (genetics also play a large role). Grain based diets have been linked to more cases of dog health problems, even cancer. That’s not to say you dog won’t get cancer even if you keep them on a grain-free diet, but it can certainly help with their overall health! So whether you’re into healthy grain-free treats for your dog who’s fighting cancer, or an anything-goes for your three or four legged pooch, here’s a recipe to try! To read more about my dog and her life on three legs visit my blog “Being 4 legged is so overrated“.
- 1/4 c peanut butter (chunky or smooth)
- 1 tbsp canola or flaxseed oil
- 1/2 c water
- 1.5 c grain free flour *I used gluten free since I had some, but you could use garbonzo flour, rice flour etc…
- Rolling pin and floured work surface
- Fun cookie cutters!
- *For a twist, add Reeses Peanut Butter chips!
2. Combine peanut butter, oil and water in a large bowl. Mix until well blended (by hand or mixer)
3. Slowly add flour and mix together until dough resembles coarse crumbles. Mix in peanut butter chips (if you have/want them).