Good morning everyone! Late yesterday evening I was nominated for the Liebster award for new bloggers! Yay, my first blog award ever! First, I should let you know that this award was bestowed upon me by the wonderful blogger from wine…to weightlifting whose blog I follow and thoroughly enjoy reading. Thank you so much, Jennifer! Anyway, I tried to look for more information about the award online, but unfortunately I wasn’t able to pinpoint its exact origin. And it seems neither can other bloggers! Here’s what I do know: while the exact rules seem to differ across the different blogs, the general consensus is this:
The Liebster award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.
I don’t believe any sort of officials exist (to oversee the actual ‘giving’ of the award), I think we all just pass it around and bring exposure to fellow bloggers 🙂 It seems like a fun thing to do and a great way to find more followers! Be sure to keep reading to see who I nominated below!
- Each person must post 5 things about themselves.
- Answer the questions the tagger wrote and create 5 new questions for your nominees.
- Choose 5 people and link them in your post.
- Notify the people you have tagged.
- No tag backs.
- My 3 legged dog is a cancer survivor and yes that makes her a tripawd (see my dog’s blog)!
- I am training for my first half marathon in October (see Long Beach category for related posts) 😀
- During school breaks, I devour books (see Fun Reads page)!
- I enjoy cooking/baking and periodically post my favorite recipes (see Recipes page).
- I LOVE CRAFTING!!!!!! Jewelry, scrapbooking, painting, drawing, making videos of my dog to music…. Anything crafting related I get excited about!
- What is your favorite product (hair, make-up, body etc.)?
- Splash’s Milk and Honey sugar scrub. I just want to eat it! Plus it makes me smell awesome and I don’t need to use lotion afterward since the oil in the scrub stays on my skin (with light toweling). Next best thing is the milk and honey body butter (I think Splash got bought out by Lather and Fizz, because they sell the same products with the exact same labeling (except new name), the product looks/smells the same, so I can vouch for it on Amazon! Plus its cheaper than in stores!).
- When did you become interested in fitness/healthy lifestyle?
- I have been an active person ever since I can remember and I’d like to continue down that path even though my interests have changed somewhat 🙂 See page Exercising is My Lifestyle.
- Favorite workout gear?
- I love underarmour, but its so expensive! I usually ‘splurge’ on those purchases (capris, long sleeve wicking shirts etc…). To see a style board of my favorite workout gear read my post about my Essential Running Gear!
- Worst habit?
- What do you do for a living?
- Currently a full time graduate student working on my Masters! I have had a few paid positions as a TA, RA (research assistant) and tour guide. The last one mentioned is the most fun! Reminds me to make a vlog tour of my lab facility!
Part 3: Blogs I’ve nominated for this award:
- Vegetarian ‘Ventures: Shelly posts wonderful recipes accompanied by lovely photos!
- Pleasure Not Punishment: Shauna’s fitness blog!
- Sweat and Sweets: Megan loves running and baking (I can relate!).
- Off She Went: Sheryl’s health blog about her fitness journey!
- Kiwi’s Passions: Kiwi’s journey to running long distance events!
Questions for the bloggers (if they choose to continue this chain):
- Favorite childhood memory?
- Your #1 most played song?
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Why?
- If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose? Why?
- What is your favorite time of the year? Why?
For those of you that I nominated, I would love to read what you answered so be sure to link me to your post about the award!