I just signed up for the Big Sur 9 miler on April 28th, 2013! And for those of you familiar with my previous post Big Sur 2013: 10.6 or 9 miler? you will remember I was originally leaning toward the 10.6 distance…
What changed? I decided I wanted to have more flexibility by driving myself to the starting line and sleeping in longer. For the 10.6, I would have had to be bussed to the line at an ungodly hour, wait for all the busses to leave Hwy 1, and try not to fall back asleep before the start at 7am. Plus I get to visit/run in a new place, Pt. Lobos (I have visited Big Sur, hence all the photos)!
If you are interested in any of the Big Sur International Marathon Events they have:
- Full Marathon: Sold Out (unless you do charity or relay)
- 21 miler: on full marathon course (Hwy 1)
- 10.6 miler: on full marathon course (Hwy 1)
- 9 miler: Around Pt. Lobos (finish on full course)
- Big Sur 5k: Carmel
- Just Kids: 3k: Lover’s Point Park, Pacific Grove
Be sure to sign up before Sept 30th! Prices increase after that!