Hi everyone! This week’s Sweat Pink Ambassador Vlog Challenge topic is about a favorite recipe! I will be showing you how to make my own version of Trader Joe’s Arugula Caprese Salad with Basil Dressing. Be sure to tune in each week to hear about the new topic of discussion!
- 1 generous handful of arugula
- 1 handful of sugar plum or cherry tomatoes; ~ half cup
- 3 small mozzarella balls cut in quarters (or omit for less calories)
What you will need to make the dressing:
- LOTS of Fresh basil (about a half cup of chopped leaves)
- 1/3 c olive oil (I like extra virgin)
- 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- Juice of a full small lemon (I like acidity in my dressing, so add to taste)
- and a few pinches of salt.
Make the dressing: I put the basil, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and salt into my little cuisinart food processor and blend until smooth. To put the salad together, I add the arugula, tomatoes, cheese bits and then pour some dressing on top. I love making salads with my Fit n Fresh salad container because I can shake it after I put everything inside, so I end up with evenly distributed dressing (so I don’t have to add more than necessary) 🙂
For those of you counting calories here is the approximate caloric breakdown:
- 2 cups arugula ~ 20 calories
- ½ cup sugar plum tomatoes ~ 20-30 cal.
- 3 mozzarella balls ~ 60 calories (20 cal ea.)
- The dressing is the most ‘calorie dense’; 1 tbsp of olive oil ~ 120 calories. If you want to ‘water it down’, add less olive oil, add a LOT more lemon juice and basil.
And that brings us to a total of about 225 calories per serving (with 1tbsp of dressing!).
What is your go-to quick & easy recipe? Feel free to share the link below!