Drum roll please…
It’s official, I’ve decided to do the Susan Komen Race for the Cure event Saturday morning at Dodger Stadium! I will be participating in the inaugural 10k called the ‘Double Down’. In 2004 I ran the Revlon 5k for Breast Cancer and I am honored to participate in another race for the same great cause. A good family friend of mine is a breast cancer survivor and I will be writing her name on my bib 🙂 I also decided to donate an extra $10 (on top of registration fee) because its such a good cause. If you are interested in making a small donation, click here to visit my fundraising page.
Today my legs feel good, so hopefully 1 week off running is not a big deal. Keep in mind I have been to 2 PT sessions (strength training), swimming and yoga this week. Anyway, I have limited time tomorrow (Friday) before I leave for LA, so I packed EVERYTHING yesterday, trying to take bare minimum, but not forgetting the important stuff (especially for my fuel pack): emergency Rock Tape strips, small biofreeze packet, inhaler, sunscreen stick, chapstick (hm might be redundant…might put chapstick in bag to lessen fullness in fuel belt), huma energy gel (thanks Gina!), optional water bottle attachment, & GoSport ID. The ‘course’ is two times around Elysian Park, so it should be pretty! Fingers crossed the weather stays below 70! As of yesterday the high was predicted as 68, lets hope it stays that way because it will be perfect!
- (Wed) Pack fuel belt (see above) & run bag (see below), pre-program Garmin
- (Fri) Drive to LA, fill up on gas, lay out clothes, sleep early.
- (Sat) Wake up 5:45, eat breakfast, fill water bottle, let Chloe out to pee.
- Leave by 6:15 (use Garmin), get to stadium ~6:45am (hope for easy parking, at least its free)
- Pick up bib & chip
- Locate restrooms
- Spend at least 30 min warming up/stretching
- Find a way to kill extra time till 8:45am start time.
- Run/walk 6.2 miles. Smiling is required 🙂
- Pat myself on the back!
- STRETCHING & ROLLING WITH THE STICK (will be in car with race bag)
- Head to brother’s new apartment (~couple mi away), say hi, use his shower & grab lunch together.
- Go back home to snuggle Chloe and take a nap (walk together in evening).
- Do a race recap at some point!
Do you have a loved one that has been affected by breast caner?
If you like, I’d be honored to write their name on my bib along with my family friend.
Just leave a comment with their name below.
Have a great weekend!